We invite performers from all backgrounds and levels of experience.
- Directors: Angela Pietropinto, Michelle Uranowitz, Virginia Scott, Doug Paulson, John Wills Martin, Billy Griffin Jr.
- Spring semester only
- OART-UT 1916 or OART-GT 2916 | 8 units
- Class Schedule: 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. M/W/F
- This course is open to all NYU sophomores, juniors and seniors.
- Students must have at least one college-level acting course as a pre-requisite.
The Open Arts Actor's Workshop is the Tisch studio designed for visiting students and NYU non-drama majors interested in exploring actor training in a conservatory-style environment. Through master classes in movement, voice, Shakespeare's text, clowning and scene study, students develop a deeper understanding of the acting process and what it means to work as a creative ensemble. Under the guidance of Tisch performance faculty, students gain physical and vocal freedom and broaden their knowledge of dramatic text. On-camera acting classes help students hone their craft in front of the camera. The semester-long studio experience culminates in a final showing of ensemble performance work and scene presentations for invited guests.
Students will attend the studio 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. three days a week.
If you have enrolled in any college-level acting class or you have equivalent experience, be in touch with the Tisch Open Arts Program (email@example.com) to audition for the studio. Please prepare 1 monologue, around 2 minutes in length. It should be from a play that speaks to you and one that you are excited to work on.
Non-NYU students should apply to the full-time Spring at Tisch Acting Program.