Activate your NYU Home account
Visit NYU Global Home to access your NYU email account
Familiarize yourself with Albert, NYU’s information and course registration system
Update your contact information, including Emergency Contacts (this is mandatory)
Complete your Housing forms
Tisch communicates via NYU email all summer long. Check your NYU email regularly and keep all of your contact information updated in Albert
Welcome to Tisch!
During the virtual 2020 Tisch Orientation you will meet new students, learn what it is like to study at Tisch, and be fully welcomed to your department, the school, and NYU. We can't wait to meet you!
Be sure to download the NYU Mobile app to your device to access Tisch Orientation events! Log in with your NetID to access both mandatory and optional programs, all tailored to your department.
Didn't get the email with instructions for the app? Contact email@example.com.
Additional key dates and programs are listed below.
- Connect with your Orientation Leader, an upperclassman mentor who can answer your questions throughout the summer and into orientation
- If you do not hear from your OL by the end of June, contact the Tisch Office of Student Affairs at 212.998.1900
- JUNE 1: Access NYU Career Net to search for jobs and internships, including on-campus employment
- JULY 22: TRANSFER STUDENTS REGISTER for fall classes via Albert
- JULY 23: FIRST YEAR STUDENTS REGISTER for fall classes via Albert
- Contact the Tisch Office of Student Affairs at 212.998.1900 with any registration questions
- JULY 1: Submit all required health forms. Failure to do so by the deadline may result in your fall 2020 courses being dropped, as well as prevent you from moving into housing
- If you have not received information or forms, contact the Student Health Center at 212.443.1000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Check your email for Housing updates and instructions for fall check-in
- Questions about your housing assignment? Call the Office of Residential Life and Housing Services at 212-998-4600 or email email@example.com
- Look for communications from Tisch Student Affairs with information about orientation programs
- Stay connected to your Orientation Leader
- Look at August dates and deadlines to prepare for your arrival on campus
Complete all mandatory Online Health Modules
AUGUST 6: Deadline to pay fall semester tuition. If you participate in one of NYU’s payment plans, the deadlines may differ; confirm via Albert and the Bursar
Look for instructions to download the NYU Mobile App for Tisch Orientation for vital information about orientation events and departmental programs
- AUGUST 14 - SEPTEMBER 1: Tisch Orientation and NYU Welcome Week
- Move into on-campus housing!
**programs open to graduate students
Facilitated by the Tisch faculty and administration, these small sessions allow new students to gather and get to know each other in a casual, fun setting. Students will receive an email in August with meeting time and link.
Tisch 101 provides an important overview of academic policies, procedures and services for Tisch students, as well as introduce key people and resources in the Tisch Office of Student Affairs.
All new freshmen, transfer and graduate students will gather virtually for a unique celebration of the new incoming class. Hosted by Dean Allyson Green.
Each graduate and undergraduate department at Tisch will host its own orientation session throughout Orientation Week. Departments will email students over the summer with a variety of information including academic advising, required readings, socials, and more. All information will be sent to your NYU email account so please check it often! Please do not hesitate to contact your department if you have any questions.
The Club Fair is an opportunity for new students to discover Tisch's 20+ diverse clubs, meet club leaders, and learn all about extracurricular activities at Tisch. Hosted by the Tisch Undergraduate Student Council (TUSC)